CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day & Happy 30th Birthday Ryan






Today was a great day! We drove to Maud, Oklahoma to worship with my Grandparents. My Grandfather, Frank, is the preacher, song leader, does the communion, and says the prayers most every Sunday, but today our whole family visited and divied up the responsibilies. We definitely tripled their attendance and contributed some sermonal additives with our children. The singing was raw and beautiful. When I was younger (okay, last year), I would have dreaded the raw singing(meaning you could hear me...Lord, help us all), the uncomfortable pews, and listening to my Grandfather tell stories that we had already heard along with his preaching. But, this year it was different. It had more meaning. My children were on the recieving end of another generation learning where our Christian Heritage comes from. My Grandma Brewer was a Christian and my Grandpa Brewer was not when they got married. My Grandma never forced Grandpa to go with him, but did request that he never keep her from attending worship. I am amazed at my Grandma's patient and quiet spirit. I don't know that I could have kept my mouth shut long enough to let God do his work. But, she did and now my kids got to hear my Grandpa this morning. I am thankful for her quiet spirit. I still have a lot to learn from her.







After church, we went to my grandparents house for lunch and had leftovers from all the wedding feasts this weekend. Maud is a small town that has it's own charm. My Grandpa has a horse that he keeps for my cousin Kendra just down the street. Seeing that it is a small town we just walked up the highway and everyone just waved and smiled as they passed us by. If we did that here in the city, we would have been deaf from the irrate honking or possibly ran over due to road rage. Anyway, we walked down to check on "Dan" or "Spirit" (depending on who you talk to it can be a different name). Corban was fearless and road bareback while gripping his mane. Corban called him "Danny boy." I love that my children are experiencing small town charm. The type of places where just off of main street it is okay to keep your horse that you put their hay in an old truck bed and their feed in an old bathtub. A place where manicured lawns and paved driveways look misplaced with all the wildflowers and overgrown grassy feeding wonderlands. In fact, the feed is stored in an old deep freezer with a padlock on it for safe keeping. Nevermind, this location was just yards from where a guy was stabbed on Thursday...I don't love that so much. My heart longs for the city with a country homeland. If only we could find that perfection!

We headed to Vamoosa Cemetary to my brother's grave site. We try to go every year and make sure his headstone has flowers and we usually plant flowers too. This year we decided to release balloons with memory cards attached. Those that find the cards will hopefully visit his website at http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/rememberingwithlove/davidryanbrewer.html(Warning: you may want to mute your computer...the music is annoying). Today was a hard day. My Mom couldn't even get out of the car. She is supposed to write a letter to let him go, but she couldn't . Please pray for her. She needs lots of prayers right now. Our family has gone through alot, but I have to say that to see all of us there today says alot about our God. He is amazing. He never lets us down. I had so much peace today. I have only God to thank for that. Thank you all for your phone calls, texts, emails, and cards. Please continue to pray for us!




3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you were all able to be together on this day. And I'm glad you enjoyed some quality family time. God is good and I'm so glad he has blessed you with peace.

Aubrey said...

We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Thank you for your example of strength through such difficult circumstances. I'm so glad your family was able to be together this weekend.

Candice said...

I am glad for your peace. You are really an inspiration to me to see such a hard thing and you to make peace with it (I didn't say it was struggle free, but peace at all is amazing). You are always in my prayers. We love and miss you guys!