CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tasha's Wedding & another OC basketball girl's adventure










The common thread.

The camaraderie.

Blood, Sweat, & Tears.

Moodiness, Weirdness, Cattiness.

Many miles on road trips.

Many made shots. Many missed shots.

Many, Many 55 second drills.

Games won, Games lost.

Frustrations, concentration, celebration.

Huddles, Handshakes, & Stackin' it up.

6 AM practices. 3:30 PM practices that last 3 hours.

Watching film, learning plays, finding weaknesses in our opponents.

Triple Threat, Cock-n-lock, Quick stop, Sigma moves. Cage Camps, Pee Wee camps, Junior hoops camps, Rolo games.

SAC conference & NAIA National Tournament.

There is so much more, but these were the first things that came to mind when I think of my basketball years at OC with so many great gals. We all came in from different background and personalities. We all came in with one objective, to win. We came in as individuals and left as teammates, friends, & more like sisters. I like to think of some of them as my kid's though.

I can't tell you how much I learned from my experience as a collegiate athlete at Oklahoma Christian. I grew so much and would like to think that I came out a much better person than when I came in. I will always cherish those memories. And, I love that there are still so many to make. I was honored to go to Tasha & Adam's Wedding this weekend and to Carrie & Dan's wedding back in December. Those girls and many others pictured below mean so much to me. It makes me proud to see them grow individually. To find their place and purpose in life. Each has their own path they will take and each will leave an unbelievable trail to follow. I love these girls and I love that my husband has to remind us that we need to be mature when we get together. I guess some things never change, but I think that is the beauty of what binds us together. We will never get to experience life like that again, but we can cherish it and only hope that our kid's will be equally as blessed. I am thankful that I had such a supportive husband during those years too. Not many husbands would get up every Saturday morning and make us all chocolate chip pancakes as a pre game meal with out complaint. It was at Tasha's wedding that I realized how selfless Joshua was during those years to allow me to have such a great experience even though we were married for part of it!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

...mmmmmm and the biscuits and chocolate gravy at 11 pm or later some nights! reading your post brought back so many memories...most of the pretty great!...excluding the "many, many 55's" :)