CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Pumpkin Bars

You are not going to believe that these bad boys are less than 90 calories per bar! The kid's loved them! Great snack for anytime!


Ingredients:
6 oz. canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whole wheat or 50/50 flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whole oats
1/2 - 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix together pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar and butter.
  3. Beat in egg and vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt.
  5. Mix in oats and chocolate chips.
  6. Add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Mix well.
  7. Spray an 8 1/2 by 12 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
  8. Spread evening into bottom of the pan.
  9. Bake for 20 minutes or until brown on top.

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 20
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 86.7
  • Total Fat: 2.0 g
  • Cholesterol: 13.7 mg
  • Sodium: 185.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 20.7 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
  • Protein: 1.7 g

7 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

These look great. I love pumpkin and oatmeal. Bill stockpiled pumpkin after Thanksgiving, so I can probably make a batch of these once a week all year.

Summer said...

I am so making these right now. I just made a green smoothie and loved it, by the way.

Summer said...

okay, how much is 6 oz. of pumpkin? I have a 15 oz. can here...

Elizabeth Mullins said...

It's a litlle less than half of a can...you probably can just use half and it will be fine! I just threw what I thought would work in there and guessed at the ounces!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds good to me too!

Michelle said...

those do look amazing!!

Unknown said...

Oh yummy! I can't wait to make these, I may even need to make them tonight!