CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Garage Sale was a sucessful endeavor!!!

Joshua woke up at 6 AM to get stuff ready. I woke up at 7:30 AM to organized and help with crowd control...ha! We didn't have much success for the first two hours. A neighbor or two came by along with a few drivebys. I began to wonder about this and soon realized that the sign that Joshua put out was not visible to the public. I made a sign out of cardboard and took it up the the main road outside of our neighborhood. I soon realized that my sign was not going to go into the ground very easily. First off, it had a square bottom and the ground was being onery. Secondly, I put the top of the stick in between the middle of the cardboard without realizing that I might need to hammer it down. So I walked back to fix all of my mistakes. I didn't realize it took a genius to make a garage sale sign.

I have read Melody's blog about her garage sale and I decided I would share all of our interesting experiences as well.

1. I would tell people that most of the Women's clothing was Materity, but when we got really busy I decided that they can read and you would be amazed at how many people don't read tags. And come on...the elastic waist band with a belly panel is a sure give away! Oh well! Either way they got a steal!

2. The "pastor" to a new church in town bought our coach and chair with the ottoman to put in their newly purchase place of worship. I never thought that our furniture could help some way in God's work.

3. Many hispanic families would send their children to do their bartering with us. They sure drive a hard bargain...I wonder if they realize it is to their advantage?!

4. Luke and Amy put a cat's scratch post in our sale that had puke on it...it sold for $3.

All in all we made just under $600 dollars...not bad for a one day sale!

2 comments:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

That makes me want to have a garage sale!! It is amazing sometimes what people will buy!!

Lesley said...

we had a garage sale too and made double that plus a little more! we had too much junk!!! It is amazing what people will buy!