CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Family Weekend


This weekend has been great so far and the best part is we still have another day to spend with Daddy! I love long weekends. Even though we don't always get a ton done, we usually have a great time hanging out. Yesterday, the kids played with their Daddy while I prepared a grill out feast. We had grilled shrimp & chicken along with corn on the cobb, zucchini, and asparagus! Yum!
This weekend was especially nice to be able to spend it at home with my family because Friday May 23 marked the 9th Anniversary of my oldest brother Ryan's death. He was killed in 1999 by a drunk driver. She was going the wrong direction on 1-240 at Pole Road. My brother was the epitomy of what I think God would want us to be like! He wasn't flawless, but he tried his best. I can remember him telling on himself for cheating on a test in 6th grade, and for telling on me for blackmailing my little brother...oh wait that isn't a good thing ;)! Just kidding! He had a great moral compass and faith in God. He was a student at OC and was very excited about us coming to school with us. I know he was a proud big brother. Since his death, I have often been angry with God for taking my brother because he was who I could talk to when I needed it, but I know he is in the best place. I miss my brother dearly and I can't fathom what my Mom has gone through in loosing her son. I love my children so much it pains me to even think about that posibility. We aren't promised a pain free world, but we are promised a pain free Heaven. I hope that each one of you has a relationship with God so that you can have comfort in knowing this life is temporary, but the prize is so much to look forward to! I hope you all have a great Memorial Day!

1 comments:

ME said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I know no matter how many years pass that the pain is still there. I'm praying for you :)