CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

I am getting another SIL!!!



My brother Jake asked his girlfriend on Saturday to marry him. Of course, Kristyn said yes. So we went to church with them on Sunday at Eastside, then to lunch to celebrate with them. After lunch we went to McLoud to my friend Lori's wedding shower. We got there a little early so we drove around showing Corban (Landice was asleep) where Mommy went to school and played basketball & soccer. All of these events have such a bittersweetness to them because I get very nostalgic. I felt like I had gone back in time just for a bit. I had so many memories flood my thougts and I realized that I don't feel as if I have aged. Only reality says I am getting older. I am thankful for many fond memories and good times. While I was feeding Hayden in the car, Joshua took Corban to the Memorial at the soccer field, which is dedicated to my brother. On May 23rd of this year it will have been 10 years since my brother Ryan was killed by a drunk driver. Ryan was so kind and compassionate and the ironic thing is...he never drank alcohol. He was stubborn, but always an example to me. I miss him so much my heart aches. Every year that passes I think about him more. I think about how much my kids would have loved to know him. I think about how often I took him for granted. Don't worry though, I am very much aware that I can't change what has happened, but I can be an example to others by sharing his story. I can also learn from mine and others mistakes.


2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That's a neat memorial to your brother! It's good to visit those feelings from time to time. Might not be easy, but I think it's good.

Tonya Tuggle said...

What a beautiful memorial of your brother. I agree with Robin; I think it is important to reflect & grow by remembering.