CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Sweet Girl


Landice, I can't tell you how much you have blessed my life. I was scared to have a little girl, but now you show me how life can be so exciting & hilarious. Your beautiful red hair has stole the show from the day you were born, however I do prefer your long locks to the puffer fish spike all over. You crack me up with your dance moves and silly faces. You have a servant heart already (as if you have a choice in the matter...your big brother makes sure you do as he says, sometimes even by force).
There is something about having a child of the same sex that makes you all giddy and scared at the same time. Like this picture above. I just want you to know that I am preselecting your prince and just so you know you will always have your own choice. I just know you will make the right one when the time comes. I know it could be a really weird family gathering if your oldest brother marries your prince's sister, but we will deal with that in 50 years.
The dream's I have for you are so small when paired with what God has in store for you. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I cannot protect you from everything, but God is in control.

All I can say is I you are more precious than diamonds and gold, There will be many stories to be told, I want your love for God to be bold, and your zest for life never to be sold!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Elizabeth: What beautiful words about a precious little girl. I am so thankful for your mother's heart and even more thankful for your heart to take your child to heaven with you. It gives me hope that out there there are Mom's and Dad's that are raising godly young women. I tell my boys all of the time that God has a really special, Christian girl for them. Don't give up and don't settle for anything less than what He has planned for you. Thank you! Have a blessed day! Amy

Gena said...

That's beautiful Elizabeth. There's nothing more sweet and terrifying than having a baby girl. I'm still getting used to everything.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

well said....

Candice said...

How absolutely beautiful! We miss you guys! If she wants a younger man, I may have another prince for her...so what if he's her little brother's age. I know he likes redheads already...

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

I see you have found my cousin Amy in Lubbock! She is amazing. Maybe we need to go visit her someday in Texas :) Did you know she has a beautiful voice? She would never tell you this. I have a CD you can borrow :)

I sure look forward to your blog posts, keep em coming!