CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Random Pictures lead to Random Thoughts...no wait, I always have random thoughts

I love this picture of these two cute kids! I hope I will be able to capture innocent grins for many years to come and possibly forego the teenage years of "Mom, you're just not that cool stage." As if I didn't already know that...I really can wait for them to point it out more.

Corban and I at the Cowboy Grill BBQ at MRCC. We had a ropin', ridin', & shootin' good time...every Cowboy's dream.

This little stinker has a pretty good shot...he liked shooting me more than the tin cans.

Not sure what to do with this one these days...


Monday - He barfed on floor on something he wasn't supposed to eat and decided to do mountain climbers through it. I bathed him in the kitchen sink...bad idea...he left what I thought was a squirt, but when I tried to was it down the drain with bleach it rolled up like a burrito.
Wednesday - He opened toilet lid and had his arm and head stuck, strung out TP again, ate some, barfed it up as soon as he had on outfit #1, outfit #2 got the boot when he decided to splash in his brother's pee while he was peeing (everything got cleaned then...oh and I was changing Landice while this happened not eating bonbons!), outfit #3 managed to hang on until suppertime...He LOVES Tuna!


Yummy recipes for a hot summer!

Cool Cucumbers


1 8 oz. pkg. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 pkg. dry ranch dip
1 cucumber
1 bag of bagel crisps

Mix first 3 ingredients together in blender. Spread dip on bagels and top with cucumbers.


Lemonade Cheesecake Pie

What You Need!
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided 1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.) 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries 2 Tbsp. sugar

Make It!
BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add concentrate, beating well after each addition. Stir in 2 cups COOL WHIP. Spoon into crust.

REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, toss berries with sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use.

SERVE pie topped with berries and remaining COOL WHIP.


Last but not least...not sure if these looks I am getting from the end of the spring quarter Bible class were saying:

"Geez, lady! You take SO many pictures!" or
"We're to tired to smile, it's the last Bible class of the quarter." or
"I would rather dodge the picture all together, Claw at my face, or give you a blank stare, than look at you lady!"



Oh yeah, one more thing...we are trying to make a tough decision about sending Corban to Mrs. McBride's class or not this week! Any thoughts that we MIGHT consider?!

6 comments:

Gena said...

Ooh. I have to try these recipes. I love your summertime food ideas. Hmm. Mrs. McBride's class. maybe ask Katie what she did with Gabe. I'm sort of thinking he took the class twice. The kids love it, but it is a really structured class. Just depends on how you think he might handle the sitting in desk the whole hour and listening thing.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Great recipes! Cute pictures! Your post had it all...

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Hey, I'm emailing you on this one....and I have to tell you my daughter took pics of your kids while babysitting...she thought it was quite hilarious that 75% of Hayden's food ended up on the seat of the high chair!!!! I was always that way, though. Just let my kids enjoy the experience at mealtime. My parents were probably horrified, but the Early Childhood/Elem. Teacher in me just enjoyed.....

Alyssa said...

When is Corban's birthday? I like to spread my opinion on "giving an extra year" or sending on.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Corban turns 4 in July. We are pretty set on keeping him back...I am all for it, but it has taken some convincing where Joshua is concerned. Although, after teaching his Wednesday night class it has become more apparent that he does need to stay back...it is just hard when his BFF is moving on!

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you posted the pie recipe! It's funny b/c I was actually about to look up the recipe online before I went to the store to do the key lime pie one, so this was perfect! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try it with lemon and strawberries soon!