CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 8, 2009

What a Day!!!

If your day started off with this...

...Followed up with a poopy diaper from this cute thing...

...at 6:30 AM you might just start looking like this too...

Except for my day only got BETTER (insert extreme sarcasm)!!! Our schedule consisted of leaving the house at 9:20am to arrive & drop off for swim lessons with my cousin Alyx (who's great BTW...$40 for 8 sessions for 45 minutes) only to jet off to the gym to train my clients at 10 am. Head back to pick kids up at 11 am. Only that is not how my morning went. Before I go any further, I might add that all kids were pre-sunscreened, in swim gear, back packed the night before, diaper bag packed, and we were on time ready to walk out the door...Except, this cute guy...

...decided to pee in the potty and leave the lid up and not flush the toilet. So, this cute guy did what he does best in my "just cleaned last night" bathroom...

It's never good when I hear splashing accompanied by a gleeful giggle from this squirt. Amazingly I remained calm, I set Hayden in the empty tub and go grab the swiffer while explaining to Corban my top 10 reasons why he should shut the lid and flush. Hayden then proceeds to climb out of the tub and bust his head on the toilet seat. I quickly turn on the water to bathe him and scald his hand with hot water (I didn't realize Joshua had changed the temperature). My morning was not getting any better until I rush out to dress him again and find the pre-packed ready to go swim bag dumped out and Corban telling Landice how to use a towel properly. I have to admit I lost my temper right about then and we needed to have left 5 minutes ago. Life has a way of picking at you until you cave and I did. The kids said they were sorry and I had to apologize too. I hated that I raised my voice and lost my cool. I want to be the perfect parent, but I have to realize that I am not in control, God is. I am not perfect, though I strive for excellence. I am thankful for God's endless grace and for wonderful reminders like these...




...that tell me to hold on to this time for it is short, to pray for more patience, to seek HIS word more, to quit worrying about the fingerprints on my freshly windexed mirrors and appreciate the hands that created us all even more!

7 comments:

Gena said...

That's beautiful, Elizabeth. I'm hoping for your sake that that's not a stomach virus on the crib....... Ick.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You are so right...keep telling yourself that!

Dee told me the other day what a bad day of babysitting it was with 2 poops and 1 throw-up...LOL! That was after the near perfect day before!

Kayla said...

I hope you have a less eventful day. I am very interested in those swim lessons though for my two. Give me specifics...if they are available!

Christi said...

I need to get Cole enrolled in swimming lessons as well. Please let me know how to get in touch with your cousin.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Hang in there girl! You are so smart to realize that things won't always be like this! Thanks for helping me remember that everyone has rough days. :)

The Lj's said...

I too would love to get in touch with your cousin... Stone needs lessons! my email is kari@theljs.com

Tonya Tuggle said...

i laughed out loud at the part where corban is teaching landice how to use a towel properly! you are so good at realizing perspective. when you look at these precious pics of the kids, it makes all the little frustrations worth it! Hey, at least you are not still showing your house!