CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Enough

Recently I overheard a Father and daughter in their last moments
> together at the airport. They had announced the departure.
>
> Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the Father
> said, 'I love you, and I wish you enough.'
>
> The daughter replied, 'Dad, our life together has been more than
> enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Dad.'
>
> They kissed and the daughter left. The Father walked over to the
> window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and
> needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me
> in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be
> forever?'
>
> 'Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is
> this a for ever good-bye?'.
>
> 'I am old, and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead
> and the reality is - the next trip back will be for my funeral,' he
> said.
>
> 'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you
> enough.' May I ask what that means?'
>
> He began to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from
> other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone..' He paused a
> moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and he
> smiled even more. 'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting
> the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to
> sustain them.' Then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he
> were reciting it from memory.
>
> I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how
> gray the day may appear.
>
> I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
>
> I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and
> everlasting.
>
> I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life
> may appear bigger.
>
> I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
> I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
>
> I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
>
> He then began to cry and walked away.
>
> They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to
> appreciate them, a day to love them; but then an entire life to forget
> them.
>
> * Only if you wish send this to the people you will never forget
> and remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you. If you
> don't send it to anyone it may mean that you are in such a hurry that
> you have forgotten your friends.
>
> TAKE TIME TO LIVE....
>
> To all my friends and loved ones, I WISH YOU ENOUGH.

1 comments:

Gena said...

I love that, Elizabeth.