CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

My last post was pictures from our new home. I have so many thoughts about our move. Our move has been really great. We have great neighbors and the neighborhood is full of kids. Which brings me to where I thought I wanted to be 2 years ago. We have been looking to move for quite some time, but we didn't really know where. We just wanted a little more room and some land. WE looked at our neighborhood when it was in the first stages of building. I was not interested because of the drive. I was more worried about keeping up my busy life style which included a lot of really great stuff. I love Edmond. I love our church family. I love my work. I love my friends. I love our life, but I was increasingly finding less and less time for our family. Always in the mix of everything else. Looking back God was preparing Joshua and I for this change. We knew we needed it but weren't quite sure we were ready to actually follow through with it. We looked at our house on Christmas Day last year and Joshua didn't like some of the set up. But, sure enough God makes us eat our words and we moved into it on June 29th, 2009. What a blessing it has been! We had 6 weeks to prepare for our move. Our kid's transitioned perfectly. We had our friend love on us, help us move in, feed us, and give us support. I am thankful for all of our friends. I know God blesses me everyday through my friends and family. He knows our hearts, He hears our cry. HE even listens to our grumblings and moaning -Psalms 5! I get tired of listening to that so I am also thankful that God is patient with me.

Moving on to lighter topics!

Landice mistook a tampon for a Popsicle.

Corban's imaginary Grandma named Colton is really annoying me these days.

Hayden is too cute for his own good and now I know why I didn't ring my brother's neck more often even though he asked for it. Cute little blond hair, blue eyed, dimple cheeked boys get away with murder!

I have some new favorite foods -

Tin foil+Pesto sauce+Grill=Mouth watering Pesto Grilled Chicken

My kids are a big fan of these True North Almond Crisps

Landice put on her princess dress and very excitedly said, "Mom, I gonna be a dancer girl!"

Those of you that are taking your kids to school for the first time are scaring me to death. I am in uncharted territory. I can do babies and toddlers, but preschoolers...make me feel like I have no clue as to what I am doing. The shuffle of kiddies to their prospective places with different drop offs and pick up times makes my gut hurt. I guess I will take same approach I did when Joshua and I went skydiving for our 2nd anniversary. It is called turning back is not an option so strap onto the back of someone experienced, take the leap, be the banana, and scream like a ban chi.

Please pray for Lexi.

3 comments:

Gena said...

Be the banana.....I'm sure I should know what that means. Don't worry about preschool. You'll sail through with flying colors! Wish we lived on the same street as all of you. ;)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Glad you're feeling good about everything!

Hey, do you just spread the pesto on the chicken while it's grilling?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I just marinate in the fridge then cover with tin foil and grill.