CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Have you considered...

How short one week can truly be?

How one mother can be rushing her kids to Halloween parties grumbling while another one is picking out a casket for her precious child?

This week has been a hard one for so many people that know the Kinzer family. They are a wonderful family that has already endured so much. So, when I found out their son had fallen in the pool at their house, I requested prayers. I wanted so badly for little Jantz to make it through so his family would not have to suffer his loss. This was not God's plan. God needed him more and Jantz is fully healed in his new body in heaven.

However, I have felt my faith waiver this week. I question if I would still be able to praise God through a valley so low as loosing a child. I question if I would be able to carry on for the rest of my family. So, I turned to Job. In Job, Satan has been roaming the earth lurking to bring someone down. God says, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

And Satan replies, "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart. [c]
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

There is much more to Job's story, but the phrase "Does Job fear you for nothing?" has really stuck with me this week. What are my biggest fears? What will I do to protect those I love? Why do I do the things I do? How much has God blessed me even though I fail everyday? Lots of soul searching for me and will continue.

My precious daughter could see that I was sad this week, but she was a little confused. She kept asking me, "Mommy, are you mad?" I would just tell, "No, Mommy is just sad. She is sad because she hurts for her friend who lost her baby." I don't always know how much to share with my kids, but I do know that I want them to be able to talk to me when they are sad or even mad at God. I want them to know it is normal and hopefully it will help them truly realize that just like it says in Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God."

Please continue to pray for the Kinzer family. I appreciate you all!!!

4 comments:

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

I am praying for you and your friends right now.
I too have struggled with the thoughts of how would I handle the loss of a child or spouse. I know that each day God is preparing my heart for things that I might have to endure some day.
Those were great thoughs from Job. I know God is protecting that family because that is what he promises to do!!

Jen said...

I am praying for your friends today! I hate that we have to endure things that seem so unfair. It is important that we are using all of the little things that come our way to prepare for the big things that might come at us later.

We should always be at the ready, always learning how to trust God in our struggles. If we aren't, then the big one may come and knock us to the ground. You might not make it through without questioning (I know that I didn't) but, with God, you WILL make it through!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

When it hits close to home, it is a time to pray and contemplate and be thankful. We all stretch and grow a little more...prayers for the family!

Candice said...

I am praying for you and your friends, too. I think about losing our son or Jonathan from time to time and it totally wrenches my heart to the point that I don't know how I could breathe anymore if it really happened.
Praying for the Kinzer's and anyone else who has had to overcome the horrible tragedy of losing a child.