CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Extremely Random Today!

I got paint on one of my favorite workout pullovers while painting a cardboard box I cut out so the kids could pretend to be turtles. Ask me how the kids enjoyed being turtles...well, they didn't. Their shells got rained on while we were at church Sunday. I think the boxes are still out there along with a random piece of tinfoil.

I am starting a top 10 things that I never dreamed I would have to say to my kids. Here's a preview: #10 - Keep your panties on
#9 - Put your hands up, don't move & don't touch anything
#8 - I am not your grandma

I think I might start a list of random items I find in my purse. Last night I found a pair of Corban's socks in there. Maybe I should clean that sucker out more often.

Today Joshua made me an eggwhite omlette with cheese, tomatoes, broccoli, & spinach along with a blueberry pancake. Then, later when I delivered him his cell phone he left at home he stole me heart! He told me he was sure glad I was more complicated than a math equation. Hmmm...I am still thinking on that one and I think that is a compliment.

If I feel the need to sneeze I look at the sun and I usually will always sneeze twice.

I was inspired by the 6th grade girls Tabitha class last night. I am thankful that MRCC has a desire to help us raise our children in the Lord. I wish that I had been given a program like the Tabitha class when I was growing up. Maybe I would have handled some life situations a little better and definitely knew who I was much sooner. I will look forward to Landice growing up more because I know she will have so many Godly women help in shaping her to become a Christian young woman!

Last night on our way home from Bible Class, Landice was bugging me by saying, "Mommy, mommy, mommy..." over and over and over again while Joshua and I were discussing something. I finally said, "Yes, Landice, what do you need?" She replied, "I want to rejoice and be glad in the Lord!" Then, she began singing the song. What a precious moment for us. Sometimes we wonder how much our children learn, but it is in these moments that I am truly convicted in the pathes we have chosen.

I love skinnny cow ice cream sandwiches and the smell of GAP close perfume...I think that shall go on my Christmas/Birthday list!

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I love your random comments, they make me laugh. We should write a book and get all mothers to contribute the weirdest things they have said to their children.
Be thankful that Landice says Mummy - Daniel refuses to say Mummy. He says Grannie, Daddy and Abby however will not say Mummy. I try not to let it bother me however sometimes it does break my heart.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I thought my husband was the only one that went around using math stuff in everyday language. He's never compared me to a math equation.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

OK, I LOVE the fact that you are making turtle shells for them out of boxes! Way to help them with their IMAGINATION and creative play!

Kristy said...

Here's one for your list of things you never thought you would have to say to your kids. "If someone is in the pants, do not bite the pants." I was cracking up when I heard Alex say this to Brinley.

Natalie Hudkins said...

1) I would have thought the turtle idea would have been a hit.
2) Omlettes and pancakes? You picked a good one.
3) Now Skinny Cow has been added to my Wal-mart list.