CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Year in Review - "Not too bad, not too yucky!" (Quote from Corban concerning our Chinese Food)

I am writing this post one handed,because my sweet little red head wants to hold my hand. We are just hanging out together while the boys face the elements and bring us some chinese food. After being sick for 48 hours, I finally want to eat and even though Chinese food may not be the smartest choice, I don't really care. Which brings me to the main topic I had on my mind upon starting this blog post. I just finished reading PW cookbook front to back...loved every bit of it. I love not only her inspiring, witty words, but the fact that she embraces the life she has chosen and makes the best of it. I feel as if this year I have been focused at times, yet still searching. I can't express to you how blessed I feel and yet how spoiled I act despite how truly wonderful our God is. I have given more of myself to God, friends, family, work, etc. but still have not fully enjoyed it all. I have often come up empty because either my motives or my focus were a tad bit skewed. I get stuck on choices that I make and dwell on them, often picking at them so much that the scab can never fully heal. I am going to choose to turn things over to God more often and let him keep them...as best as I can. I am all too often an extremely extreme person. I can be way too excited/hyper, legalistic, full of judgement, overly sappy, or stuck in my own pitty far too long. I am thankful that God truly knows my heart. I often share a lot of our life because I have learned that it can help seeing through the eyes of others. I have learned this year that seeing through the eyes of others can also distract you from your true focal point. I don't believe in putting on "horse blinders" so to speak, meaning that you only focus on yourself. I guess the point I am trying to get to is, keep in mind that "what you do may not bless everyone, but it is blessing SOME-one." How I conduct myself through life affects my family of course, but it also affects those that observe, listen, & guide us through our journey. My focus and hope is that 2010 will be a year full of God's grace, many family memories (even ones that include YSS...a story for a later time), and knowing that my treasure is stored in heaven and not on the THINGS here on this earth!

3 comments:

Natalie Hudkins said...

Very insightful. I also read that cookbook from cover to cover yesterday. Can't wait to go to Crest and get ingredients for some of the recipes.
So sorry you have been sick!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow! You are so self-aware and God is maturing you daily! I have to say when my kids were little I don't think I really thought about anything else but surviving...

Chellie said...

I love reading your thoughts.. thanks for sharing. You mentioned in the first line your little red head... people are now calling Brixton the little red headed child.. never thought that would happen...