CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Challenge = Change

I love the beginning of a new year! It resolves to bring new hope to a person. It inspires new desires to be healthier and more fit. It commits to cut out the unnecesary. It recharges the soul to seek God more diligently. It is fresh and crisp like a red bell pepper. It suprises us all with open arms of uncertainty & opportunity. It if nothing else gives you something to talk about in an awkward situation. My motto for 2010 is "It's time to begin." You might ask, "Begin what?!" My answer to everyone is begin something new, begin living the life you visualize for yourself, begin something you NEVER dreamed of and stick to it. Another reason I love the new year is because you seem to get a fresh start...kind of like a redo button so to speak. Here is what is on my list:

Eat a more clean diet - yes, that means chocolate is going to have to take a backseat to my backside

Continue searching for what God wants in my life - cut out the things that are distracting

Get caught up on my pictures - Organizing & Scrapbooking - so if you are interested in joining me let me know

Run a Marathon - again if you care to join let me know

Enjoy this year before Corban starts Pre-K next fall

Nourish friendships that I cherish and that will help challenge me in my walk with Christ

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a nice post Elizabeth. I had plans to run in the relay for the marathon, but think I will have to hold off, since finding out I'm preggers. I'm totally out of shape so adding this may not be a good idea :)

Thanks for the reminders that were in your post!
Many Blessings,
~M

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Like a red bell pepper,huh? You're funny! Love your post and enthusiasm! Need some of it to rub off on me...somehow I don't have any new resolutions this year...except I told Dee I didn't want another year to go by without me visiting her at HU on a weekend when her chorus is performing somewhere! I feel really bad that we've been so busy here and with her brothers that we've never heard her (and the chorus) sing!

Kayla said...

Arg Arg. I'm getting closer to wanting to do it...