CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Potato & Rocket Fritatta

Boil 4-6 baby potatoes - cut into bite size pieces.

Separate & keep 8-12 egg whites. Whisk them together.

Cut 6 oz. (half of a bag) of cherry tomatoes. Wash Rocket. I choose to use some out of my spring mix salad.
Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in non-stick pan. Add in one minced garlic clove.

Add in tomatoes, 1/2 Rocket, & potatoes. Cook on medium heat for a minute.

Pour in egg whites.

Season with cracked pepper and teensy bit of salt.

Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. As it starts to cook lift the edges and tilt pan so the excess egg whites can flow underneath to be cooked.

Place in oven & broil for 2-3 minutes. I think I had it at 550 and had to do it for 5 minutes or so. Don't judge my dirty oven...

Top with last 1/2 of the Rocket and here is the finished product. I was actually suprised that most that everyone in our family loved it. Hope you'll like it too!!!

2 comments:

OK Chick said...

I made the chicken/spinach last night. It was so good. Instead of fresh tomatoes, I used canned and I also added a bit of cheese; but great recipe. Thanks for sharing. I have a feeling I'll be making this often.

Amy said...

That looks incredible! I will give it a go! Thanks Elizabeth for your inspiration! Blessings on your day girlfriend!Amy