CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Best Minestrone Soup in the Entire World

You asked for it, so here you go! I got this recipe from the Eat Clean Diet Book, but I always tend to tweak the recipe a bit to fit what I have stocked in my pantry. I will give you my version, just know that you can always check out Tosca Reno's book at the library...she has tons of great recipes.

Elizabeth's Version

What you will need:

1 Leek halved, rinsed, sliced

2 cups tomatoes Blanched

1 onion Cut into 1" chunks

1/2 red onion Cut into 1" chunks

4 stalks of celery Strings removed & chopped

4-6 baby potatoes Washed, skin on, cut into 1" chunks

2 zucchini diced

1 can kidney beans Rinsed

1 cup peas Fresh or Frozen (I used frozen)

3 garlic cloves (Shout out to PW-->)minced

4 Tbsp Olive oil

Handful Fresh Green Beans trimmed

3-4 stems of kale I use the leafy part and toss the middle tough part - rinse & drain

3-4 stems of green cabbage Repeat like with Kale

1 small turnip peeled & diced

2 Tbsp. fresh basil - YUMMO!!!

2 Tbsp. fresh parsley

2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary

1/2 cup small pasta shells I used wagon wheels to appeal to the kiddos!

1 can tomato sauce

2 chicken breasts boiled boil to make chicken broth, save broth

16 oz. water

1. Start by boiling chicken & chopping all veggies.

2. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add all veggies except tomatoes & kale(can substitute spinach for kale too!)

3. Cook for a few minutes until lightly colored.

4. Add chicken.

5. Add seasonings, water, chicken stock, tomatoes& kale.

6. Simmer for 2 hours.

7. Add pasta shells and cook for another 30 minutes.

(If using spinach, toss in at last minute.)

126 calories
6 grams protein
3.5 grams fat
19 grams carbohydrates

Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!!!



This made 2 big pots of soup. The recipe says it makes 24 servings. I used 3 different containers to store.

0 comments: