CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Power Balls...Yum!!!

I took a friend of a friend's recipe called "Wonder BAlls" and gave it a little twist and a new name cause that's just how I roll...


You will need:
1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins, craisins, or your favorite dried fruit
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup freshly ground flax seed
2-3 cups whole oats



Step 1 - Mix peanut butter & honey together.
Step 2 - Mix in all other ingredients.





Step 3 - Line pan with wax paper & scoop out decent sized balls to store in the refrigerator or freezer.


My balls were pretty good sized and it made 16 balls. If you want to make them smaller the recipe says it will yield about 36. It is really your choice. I choose to eat a big ball instead of two smaller ones. Makes it easy to wrap in tinfoil so you can grab and go too! Hope you enjoy! We sure did!

12 comments:

Candice said...

Are they sticky? I want to start making a homemade "fiberone" bar for Jonathan to take to work with him. They are so ridiculously expensive and sugar laden. Any ideas?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

This would be comparable to a fiber one without the junk. They are sticky when making but when cold they aren't too bad.

Gena said...

Yum! I love Fiber one bars but always wonder what else they put in those things. I'm trying this for sure!

Summer said...

I am so making these. And my kids would gobble these up....maybe the husband too.

Rachel said...

Tried these today. YUMMY! And since you did a rename, I did, too. Mine are Peanut Butter Granola Balls. And I posted on my blog and linked to you. Maybe one of my 2 readers will check you out *wink*

Kayla said...

I can't stop thinking about SNL's "Schweaty balls"

Sada said...

Elizabeth, I can't believe you typed that entire blog entry without one inappropriate joke at the name of your recipe. haha!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Sada, it wAS REALLY DIFFICULT!

OK Chick said...

Those look so good. I will be making them very soon. Thanks for sharing.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Well I probably won't try that recipe, but I'm dying to know what you thought about my last post!!! I dedicated it to you and Delise!

amy nickerson said...

I'm making these this weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

Emily said...

Elizabeth, I fixed the video on my blog so you should be able to see it now. You of all people need to see it!

Is there anything else besides sunflower seeds I could put in these? Sunflower seeds don't agree with me....