CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Parties

I know I am showing the worst pictures first, but they are a vital part of how I am able to lug everything I/kid's need at their parties. I love my Sam's reusable bags. They are perfect for toting/storing items that you will need to transport to another location. If you are like me, then you probably have to get your stuff ready in stages just so you can remember everything you need. I make my list of things I need and place them in the bag and mark them off as I go. This may make me sound uberly organized, but don't let that fool you. I have just learned that I can either chase life by the coat tails and be stressed out or I can be prepared for the things I know will come up...Because in our house the most unusual things fall apart, break, or get lost when it is the most inappropriate time. I think that is just life...


Here is how yesterday went...

Feed, cloth kids and make lunches by 8:30 am (I usually make them the night before so I don't have to rush around in the morning, but with the impending possible bad weather I chose to be lazy after my long, crazy day without their Daddy the day before...)

9:20 - Say prayers in the car with the kid's on the way to school. We try to do this so that we can be reminded to be a good example, to obey, & to ask God to keep us safe while we are away from each other. Plus, I get to hear what is on my kid's hearts that morning. Here is what they prayed for:

Corban - Dear God, Thank you for today. Please help me to beat up all my teammates in soccer so I can go score and we can win. Amen (I had to inform him later that we don't beat up anyone and we need our teammates so we can win as a team)

Landice - Dear God, Thank you for today. I smell the trees going to turn green. Thank you for Nana to take a nap and for Papaw's elbow surgery (he had surgery on his shoulder Monday). Thank you for the sun and thank you for my Ariel party. Amen You will have to watch the sweet little prayer Landice says at her party. It is at the bottom of this post!


Dropped kid's off by 9:30ish

Ran to Pilates Reformer Class at 10, left at 5 til 11 to get to the Hayden's party that started at 11.




Moved on to Landice's party that started at 11:30.




Ran 3 1/2 miles at Mitch Park, then drove home to shower.

My MIL suggested I go to the Dollar Tree for party favors for Landice's party. Let me tell you folks, that place is awesome. It has all the Disney stuff there in one section. Perfect because I found Ariel Jump Ropes to give as party favors. I was so pumped!!!

Ran to Corban's Valentine party that started at 2 pm. Had fun watching him hand out his Valentine's and share his love!






3 comments:

Kayla said...

Very sweet prayers you have!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I love it that Landice can smell the trees turning green...spring can't be far away!

Heidi said...

How fun! Happy B-day to Landice!