CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sometimes...

...you just want to be left alone. Sometimes you like to just sit in your own poopy diaper and be left alone. The poop analogy comes from my 18 month olds pouty after church fits before lunch is served, but the message comes from my heart today. Sometimes I, like my son, want to just hide out and not deal with life or just plainly hide the pain I am feeling. But, thankfully God is so big and patient that he WILL let you sit there for a while, but he will be right there by your side. Kind of like my husband. He is so patient and kind and put us (his family) first. It is overwhelming at times to see such love and to recieve it. Yet, it is so hard to immulate it too. I want to be the person that always chooses to love and see the best or not pout about my situation or judge by the first impression. I get caught up in the middle of too much talk about this and that and lose my focus on what God really asks of me. I know this is completely random and on Valentine's Day at that, but I am searching for the answers that I want to hear and they aren't coming. I need patience so I can hear what God wants me to hear. Please pray for me, as this is hard to admit failure through unclarity.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm there with you. I'm sure everyone goes through times of sitting in the poopy diaper. Great analogy by the way. And God does change us when we ask. Thanks for your post Elizabeth.

Amy said...

I understand how you are feeling. I am going through some of the same feelings. I think God just wants us to sit and listen for Him no matter how long it takes for us to hear Him. Peace and answers will come friend. Take a deep breath, sit in your closet, hide, when you can and listen. You are not alone. We all want quick fixes and sometimes there just is not a fast fix. But in these times He grows your heart for Him. Blessings.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

YES, the answers sometimes seem slow in coming. It's very hard to be patient and humbling, too. We're never going to get it right by ourselves, remember?

Bless your heart!

Natalie Hudkins said...

Hang in there. I am praying for you!

Samantha said...

I know just how you feel Elizabeth. It is very hard to let God have control of our lives. Sometimes, I wish that he would put a big neon light in the sky letting me know what he wants us to do. Hang in there, pray alone and with Josh and God will listen to you.