CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 1, 2010

I seriously need some help...

I am currently typing while wearing a tupperware bowl as a hat and my children are sucking each other with the vacuum hose...can you guess what snack we just had?! Anyway, what I really need help with is where can I find a good deal on a camera lense for my Canon Rebel XT? I want one so I can take some awesome pictures of Corban playing soccer this season! Any help is welcome...got to go...the vacuum is making funny noises...oh wait, that is Hayden resisting another vacuum hicky (spelling?)...

2 comments:

amy nickerson said...

I know of quite a few photo equipment sites you can check into. First, if you want to search specifically in the used category, check out usedcameras.com. You might find a good deal on something and it's a good place to start out if you're not wanting to spend a lot.

I've used adorama.com and bhphotovideo.com to buy camera equipment in the past. Both are about the same, price wise. They also have a used equipment section you can check into.

As far as what type of lens to use with soccer/sports, you should definitely be searching in the telephoto zoom category. If you're standing on the sidelines, you'll want a lens that can get in closer to the action. The thing is, you have to watch out for camera shake with a zoom lens, so investing in a tripod isn't a bad idea, if you want to reduce it...of course then you gotta haul it around, which can be a pain.

If it were me, (and I'm a Nikon girl, so this is just an opinion after looking briefly at Canon lenses) I'd look into the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Autofocus Telephoto Zoom Lens. It's a reasonably priced telephoto lens...less than $200 new.

Michelle said...

Check craig's list, if you don't want to spend a lot of money. I use bhphotovideo.com as well. There is a store in Yukon, that has a lot of gently used Equipment as well, I have bought several things from there. Bakerphotovideo.com, they are extremely helpful. I like Amy, am a Nikon girl though too, so I don't know a lot about Cannon!