CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Ask and ye shall recieve..."

5 days ago this would have had a different meaning for me. This would could have meant something just short of a Christmas list. Like:

- I want a new bike so I can try doing Sprint Triathlons
- Yum...SB non-fat tall carmel macchiato
- Make my hair magically longer again

All so superficial and non important.

Today, it means:

Lord, please calm my nerves. I am scared. I am worried at what we will find out. Lord, please give me peace and strength. Not the kind of strength that helps me complete a marathon, but one that helps me get through my day. Hold me up. Keep me in your arms. Give me faith, pure and simple. Pure like Landice said to me last night when she saw me crying, "Jesus is in your heart" and "God will take care of you because he loves you." And, Simple like in Corban's prayer when he saw my tears of fear he prayed, "Dear God, Please help Mommy not to be scared. Amen"

God, you are big and mighty! Help me to be strong for my family. Help me to be brave to face what comes next. Help me to show others to YOU through this.

11 comments:

Gena said...

I don't know what's going on right now, but I'm praying for you. Love you!

Samantha said...

We love you Elizabeth and wish that we could there with you. Just remember that you can call no matter what the time is.

OCdeanwife said...

Same thing Gena said. . . Praying!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Not knowing is the worst! Praying for you!

Kayla said...

Your children are so sweet. Hang in there girl.

Jen said...

Praying for you!!!!

Sara said...

Got a brief update from sis, and will definitely keep you in our prayers during this time of unknown.

Kristy said...

Elizabeth says sorry she forgot to post why she was having test run and for making you worry.

The Davidsons said...

I'm saying a prayer for you!

Kelli said...

I am praying for you too.

Brooke said...

So proud of you for running the marathon, glad you always share your journey with us all. It is so fun to hear about your kiddos. Hate that you are having to deal wih medical stuff. So no fun! Will be praying you get some answers and are back feeling well soon.