CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sorry, I am a blonde...

Okay, I am so sorry for my forgetful mind. Prior to my last post, I was writing in my prayer journal in which I wrote all the details down in, but I forgot to give the details in my blog post. Sorry to worry you. I appreciate all your prayers and would ask that you continue to pray that the doctors can figure out what is wrong with me. Okay, so here is what I am dealing with:

Post-Marathon I was having a hard time taking in a deep breath. I was not too worried until it continued into Tuesday. I called the nurse and explained my symtoms and they said to come in right away. At 3 pm they ran a blood test, chest x-ray, and then a CT scan. All of this happened in 2 hours because they thought that I might have a pulmonary embolus. My biological mom died at 17 years old of a pulmonary embolism so this was a very scary thought.

A huge praise came when the CT scan concluded I did NOT have a pulmonary embolus. I can't tell you how thankful I am for this. But, by 5:30 I was told that they found a spot on my lung that showed I that I have emphysema, which is known as a smokers disease! I am still shocked! I have never smoked a day in my life. I am completely confused, but much happier that it is something weird and random at that point than something that could kill me all of a sudden.

Since then I have had more blood work done to test for Alpha 1- antitrypsin and had to do a Pulmonary Function test. I will recieve the results early next week. At this point, the doctors are stumped and are having to do some research to see why the spot they found is in the location it is and why I even have it, seeing that I am otherwise healthy. Right now I am asking for prayers that I am just weird and that God will just make this go away. I think they call this stage ACCEPTANCE, right?! Ha, just kidding, I know I am still in denial, but I do know that God is in control and that you all are praying for me and that brings me comfort. Thank you for your concern and your prayers!

10 comments:

Aubrie said...

I'll keep you in my prayers! Hang in there!

Chellie said...

I'll be praying!

Samantha said...

You just need to take one day at a time and try to get back to your normal routine, this will help both you, the kids and Josh. We are praying hard and wishing we could be there with you.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

sorry about this...I will pray for you!

The McDowells said...

I was praying for you all after that last post. I am sorry you are going through this and hope it is something that will resolve itself quickly, so you can get back to a normal routine!

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers!

Alyssa said...

Oh girl! I will pray!

Amy said...

Praying it will all be fine and just something weird like you said. I have had lots of weird stuff come up and usually it is nothing. Praying for you friend!
Isaiah 43: 1b-3
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned;the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel,your Savior;

Claire said...

Thank you for letting us know what's going on. I've been so worried since talking to you yesterday. I will pray hard!

Seriously, call me if you need anything.

ParamedicMommy said...

Wow, that is really scary! But you have alot of prayers being lifted up, including from my family. God will comfort and heal you. Thinking about you!!
-Jennifer