CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thoughts on Love...

I have had the priviledge to meet a sweet little lady. Sparkling eyes that hold a once youthful vibrancy only tempered by shaky walk across a room. At 76 she may not be able to control her muscles as well as she would like, but she sure has given me some perspective in the love & life department. This sweet lady lost her husband a few years back and boy does she sure miss him. She tells me how he spoiled her rotten and treated her like "Driving Mrs. Daisy." She has been given a hard turn in life, but she doesn't complain. Her husband took care of her and stood by her side until cancer took him away. Their story is a true testiment to how true love should be. In sickness and in health...til death do us part. The smile she gets when she brings up his name is enough to make you want to get things right and let all the piddley stuff melt away. The best part about meeting this special lady is that she made me realize I have grown. I have learned to slow down and appreciate the rich heritage we can learn from our elderly. A younger me would have hurried the discussion along to get down to business and get a job done.

I couldn't wait to get in the car and call Joshua. I immediately called MY sweetheart and told him about my encounter. Mostly to tell him that I love and appreciate him, but to apologize for being to self focused. To tell him that he means the world to me and I love him so much.

That sparkle in her eyes only a memory could make and only hope can carry on helped me to understand how to appreciate MY man a litte more that day!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Next you should tell that little lady what she's taught you! Great post!

Okay, I totally don't get the M & M's thing...but I guess that's about normal for your kids! LOL

Claire said...

Awesome, Elizabeth! That is why I love my job. I learn something from my patients everyday. I wish everyone had the opportunity to sit and listen to those who have lived their lives and learned from them.

You have such a way of learning from even the little things in life. I appreciate you and your honesty.