CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yummy Quickies

Homemade Granola

Actually, you REALLY don't want this recipe. As you can see, Corban doesn't think you will like it either...well, or maybe he just knows it is really AWESOME!

My blogger friend, Amy, posted this recipe last week! I couldn't wait to try it! And, I have to say, "WOW" because this stuff is really good!







Watch out for this oatmeal fiend! This kid loves to eat it raw. He has a scab on his head from sneaking into the pantry and hitting his head on the shelf. Crazy kid! He informed me today, "Mom, Oatmeal is made out of banana sausage." Now doesn't that sound appetizing?!


4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups sliced almonds
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup good honey
1 1/2 cups small diced dried apricots
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
(I substitute different things sometimes like: raisins and pecans)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss the oats, coconut, and almonds together in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil and honey in a small bowl. Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until all the oats and nuts are coated. Pour onto a 13 by 18 by 1-inch sheet pan. (Use parchment paper)
Bake, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the mixture turns a nice, even, golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Remove the granola from the oven and allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, cherries, cranberries, and cashews. Store the cooled granola in an airtight container


Crustless Coconut Pie












Mix together 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut, 3/4 cup flour, 1 1/4 cup sugar, then whisk 4 whole eggs, 2 cups of milk, 1 tsp. Vanilla, & 6 Tbsp. melted butter. Pour into two greased pie pans. Bake at 350 for 34-40 mins. or until golden brown on top!

The verdict is still out on this one...I'll let you know after dinner tonight! I know, I know. You can't believe that I would post a recipe that I haven't tasted and isn't on the healthy list...well, this is me, I also serve new recipes I haven't tried on dinner guests too.

Hmmm...we don't have very many dinner guests. I always just thought it was because no one wanted to hang out with Joshua!

Kidding...Enjoy!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Planning on making the granola too! And I made a crustless and flourless coconut pie a few days ago, it was great! I'm sure yours will be too! Oh and the spinach was pretty good... I was amazed how much it cooked down. We had it tonight with baked Tilpia and rice... actually I made sweet potatoes for the kids, they are not to keen on spinach :)

Alyssa said...

That is my FAVORITE vanilla ever!! I always got it from a friend when she went to Mexico! Where did you get yours? I've got to get some!!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

The pie's were great!
Alyssa, I got that Vanilla from my father in-law when he came back from Mexico, but I am going next week...maybe I can snag some...not sure if I can get t past customs though!
Michelle, thanks for letting me know how the spinach is!

Alyssa said...

Girl! If you can get it past customs PLEASE do!! I love it!!