CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

1st Day of Pre-K







First Day of Pre-K
A great start, I'll say
Get dressed, eat Breakfast & little devo
Pictures with family, now off we go!

First Day of Pre-K
A new start, learning a new way
Drop off lines, floods of parents & kid's
Saying good bye for a short while with tear rimmed lids

First Day of Pre-K
I'm okay mom, you know I'll be fine
Teacher will read us the Kissing Hand
Then you can join in the BooHoo Band

First Day of Pre-K
Prayers are said, Instructions are given
He's growing up, it's going by way too fast
But God's in control, enjoying this now before it becomes the past.









Corban,

You did great today! You are so ready to be in school! You walked right in and found your name tag. You didn't hesitate, not even for a second! You want to follow the rules, but somehow wrestling with the boys was too big of a temptation. Here's to your first official school time out and hope that it's also your last! Thank you for telling on yourself and letting me know that you messed up. I appreciate your honesty and hope you will always feel you can tell me when things don't go so well! I am proud of you and I know you are going to do great! Love you, Mommy

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute! Elizabeth I know you so cried like a baby. :) Glad it went well!

Kayla said...

Haha. So cute that he told on himself. I showed Avery these pictures and she said "Hey how come he can ride with no training wheels and I can't??" Funny she noticed that too!

Kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Sweet boy! He looks so adorable and grown up in these pics! I know you are so proud of him!

Gena said...

I love that he told on himself, too. He's such a sweet little boy. Glad the day went well, and glad you still have two little stinkers around to keep you busy!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, I'm sorry I'm laughing...you sound like you handled the time out very well...

Great poem!