CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cutting out the Sugar...

Yes, even us personal trainers who know better sometimes have to push a "reset" button and cut out some of the junk that has snuck into our pantries and made us consider to pull out the "fat" pants. This is an ongoing battle for me because I LOVE sweets! I love just about all there is out there to offer except soda. So, after several mini-vacations this summer in which I seemed to have loosen up too much on I am having to reset my sugar cravings. This is the perfect time of year for me to do this too. I love Halloween and the candy. I love Thanksgiving and it's yummy decadent desserts, forget the Turkey, give me the good stuff! And, who doesn't love Christmas?! So with that said, I struggle like the rest of you. The one good thing I have on my side is that I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE exercise. I manage to find a balance most of the time and maintain my weight fairly well, but sometimes those sneaky pounds like to tell me that I need to back off the chocolate with a little subtle jiggle & a shake.


I am on Day 3 without sweet stuff. I am not being too strict, just very balanced. If I am having a sweet craving I will make myself a cup of green tea or peppermint tea. I also might grab a Greek yogurt or a piece of fruit! I have also stocked up on more veggies like snap peas, jicama, carrots, & cucumbers. I found this cool app by SparkPeople that keeps track of fitness & nutrition. Just being more mindful of what I am using to fuel my body has made me more alert - minus yesterday when I dumped the bucket of mop water down my body and all over the hallway wall & carpet. Also, never mind that I dusted the whole house with stainless steel cleaner instead of pledge. Or the fact that I forgot to buy Joshua hair gel today when I was at Wal-mart specifically for that and diapers! Okay, so I am not making a very good case for myself am I?

I guess that just shows that we as Mom's have a tough job trying to juggle every day life taking care of everyone in our family, but we can't do our jobs well if we don't take care of ourselves. I am going to encourage you to join me in cutting out the sugar from your diet or maybe for you it is just junk food or fried food. Whatever your nutritional pitfall is I want to encourage you to cut it out! See how much better you feel and if you can drop a few pounds!

3 comments:

Gena said...

I have cut out Starbucks and T.V. for a week. I'm kind of at my limit. Maybe starting on Monday when this ban is over?? :)

Amy said...

I am on day 3 too! We can do it! Fruit tastes so much better when you are not eating sugar!

Verna said...

Great post! I really needed this!