The Triple Threat approach in Basketball is an athletic position holding the basketball just so that you can either:
I am taking this amazing approach to the kitchen to show you how to prepare your veggies to be used either:
1. Chopped up fresh
2. Tossed on as a topping
3. Thrown in as a filling ingredient.
Let's talk about #1 - Chopped up Fresh
By immediately chopping up those veggies before they get forgotten in the bottom of your crisper, chop them up and put them an easy accessible container for easy snacking.
Moving on to #2: Tossed on as a topping
My kid's LOVE to help in the kitchen and this is the perfect recipe for your little chefs.
Chicken Pita Pizza
1 package whole wheat pitas
1 jar of pizza sauce
1 bowl of mozzarella cheese
1 bowl of chopped broccoli
1 bowl of fresh spinach
1 bowl of chopped green peppers
1 bowl of chopped squash
1 bowl of rotisserie chicken
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Pitas on baking sheets.
- Spoon on 2 tbsp. of pizza sauce.
- Top with few tbsp. of cheese.
- Add toppings.
- Toss in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted!
The Set Up
Ready to pop in the oven
Great for lunch the next day too!
And most perfectly last, but not least # 3 - Thrown in as a filling ingredient
Egg White Omlette
- Place 1 Qt size baggie in a cup or bowl to ensure the bag stands upright.
- Crack 6 eggs and separate the egg yoke and discard.
- Toss in leftover veggies from pizza toppings.
- Seal and store in fridge for a quick and healthful breakfast!