CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

He always knows...

God always knows just what I need. I have an anxious heart this week because there are some extra stuff on my plate that throws a little kink in my routine little schedule I call life. I worry when I don't know all the details or am not in my element. I let all the burdens rise to my shoulders and right on top of my heart weighing me down and keeping me from doing the next thing. I had my sweet boy remind me that I need to slow down and see what God has created and spend a little one on one time with him.


I hate to admit this, but it was a struggle to make this decision. I had bills to pay, receipts to enter in, errands to run, exercise to fit in, and the list can go on and on. All the while my heart is saying, "Just go play the rest will get done in due time." I usually drown out that voice telling me to relax a bit and enjoy my kid's more by the vacuum cleaner or the washing machine or the typing of my fingers because I HAVE to get it all done. Well, sadly laundry keeps showing up on the laundry room floor as do the crumbs on the kitchen floor. I think I counted 8 times in washing off the kitchen counter yesterday and I only vacuumed the living room. The bathrooms are still beckoning their cleaning, but today they must wait.

Today, I had a great day with Corban. He requested Sonic and Hafer Park and that's what we did. We watched the kid's feed the ducks, turtles and fish. We talked about the leaves changing colors. We found short cuts off the trail. We stopped at the exercise station per his suggestion. We ran down all the hills. We ran into some of his school buddies and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I even managed to run a couple of errands.

My heart is lighter and my load soon will be too. Thank you ,God, for your blessing of children and how they teach us to be more like you and less self focused.

2 comments:

Gena said...

I totally get it. I have students coming in 15 minutes and a house that is not to my standards. But my daughter wanted me to come to lunch and recess today and that was WAY more important to me than a spotless house. I was playing with her on the playground just thinking about how in five or six years she probably won't want me 20 feet from the cafeteria. ;) Trying to cherish these times.

Amy said...

You are a good mommy. Believe me, when they are gone and you are standing there looking at a house you have kept spotless all those years....you will wish you had those moments back to play with and spend time with your children. A clean house is nice, but it is nothing compared to blessing your children with your attention. Good job! Blessings.