CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Interesting conversations...

Random cute stuff they mix up -

Landice - "Mom, here's your squirrel acre(acorn)!"

Corban - "Thanks for memorizing me (remembering me)!"

Landice - "I can't talk when I am quiet." - Hmm, Very profound!

Hayden - "Daddy (pronouced Dah-Dee), I tell oo(you) sompin (something)"

Corban says "acria" when he means acura. He also says "regliar" instead of regular.

Hayden calls his cousins David and Lannea, "Day-bid and Ben-nea!"

Hayden: "You fic(fix) it!"

Hayden: "I have a plum plum (Problem)!"

Joshua and I are teaching Landice's Sunday morning Bible class and we have been talking about Lot and his wife and how she turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at the burning city of Sodom. So, I think this might be the origin of context for the next comment:

Landice - "I don't like big salt...it's smells like cinnapee (centipede maybe? Not sure what those smell like either though) and bath water..."

Corban : Salt is not good for you...
Joshua : That's not necessarily true...
Corban: Yeah, it is, it makes you sleepy...just kidding...salt will turn you into a tree..

I was walking out to take the trash out through the garage the other day while the kid's were playing out in the garage with their bikes -

Me: Landice, what are you doing in the car? She knows she is not supposed to play in the car because it can be dangerous for them.

Landice: I'm just sittin' here being the girl with the red hair...

Walking up to Corban and Hayden's bedroom door, I see Corban taping up a sign and writing names on it. Here is our conversation following:

Corban: You have to sign up on my door, Mom.
Me: I have to sign up?!
Corban: Well, no, you and Daddy don't, but Landice has to sign up for mine and I have to sign up for hers...
Me: WEll, what for?
Corban: You know, if you want to come in my room and give me 5 kisses or something...everyone has to sign up, except Kadence. She doesn't have to...


Yesterday, on the way to school, Corban asked me a question about ice cream -

C: Mom, is blueberry ice cream good for you because it has blueberries in it?
Me: WEll, it MIGHT be better because it has a FEW better ingredients, but ice cream should still be a treat for every once in a while...
C: Well, ice cream makes you feel better...remember the time that I went fishing with Papa and Grandpa and Andrew and Marshall?
Me: Yes...
C: ...and I got sick from eating the the catfish and we went to Braum's afterwards and then I threw up all over Daddy's old car?
Me: Yes...
C: ...I think I got sick because they forgot to cut off the eyes and scrape the brown stuff off of the catfish's tongue...Mom, you do you know Cat fish?
Me: Yes...
C: Well, they need to do that next time so I don't get sick.

My kid's make me laugh every day! They are such a joy...most of the time:)!


As long as they aren't clogging up the toilet with an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper, which makes me have to go hunt down a pair of gloves and a faulty plunger that just inverts every time you try to plunge the potty...


Which then splashes water all over the shower curtain and cabinets I just cleaned while I am standing in inch deep water surrounded by towels and two young ones trying to come to my rescue while I have their DAddy on speaker phone trying to offer/instruct/console me while I try to undo this big mess...


Which then leads to me trudging over to the neighbors house in my pajamas looking like a hot mess asking to borrow their turbo charged state of the art plunger that fixes all my problems with one nice gurgley plunge...

And I may or may not have marched back across the yard to return that bad boy wielding it like a sword...you will have to risk life and limb to find out by becoming my neighbor someday...

Like I said...they are a joy!








2 comments:

Michelle said...

You are so going to cherish all of these posts someday! I love reading all of their funny little sayings. I must write more of them down! You have encouraged me to do so!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for the smiles and the laugh out loud that you gave me this morning! I remember those days. So fun and crazy! If I were there close I would buy you a super turbo plunger and put a big red bow on it and leave it on your doorstep. Just for fun. Ha! Have a great day girl! Adventures of brave mommy! Blessings!Amy