This week's Triple Threat is featuring Turkey Bacon! I love to have bacon every once in a while and Turkey Bacon is a healthy substitute for many recipes. It helps cut on all the saturated fats that typical bacon has and it still has lots of crunch and flavor. I won't lie, it is a little chewy, but it gets the job done!
When I cook up my turkey bacon, I do the whole package. I don't want to have to clean up a big greasy mess more than once, so I plan out a few meals that require it's use. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Turkey Bacon.
Add it to your typical morning breakfast OR have Breakfast for dinner.
Use any extra Turkey Bacon on a yummy BLT sandwich made with
whole wheat bread for lunch!
OR Make this Turkey Bacon Quiche Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray pie pan with cooking spray
- Place three whole wheat tortillas in the bottom of the for crust.
- Note: the third tortilla is torn in half to complete the pie crust
- Chop up desired veggies to toss in the quiche - Here I have spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, and green peppers.
- Use 11 eggs - 3 whole eggs, 8 egg whites
- Mix eggs together with 3/4 cup low fat cheeses, 1/2 cup light sour cream, 1/2 cup low fat milk
- Mix well.
- Mix in veggies
- Add cooled and cut up 6 pieces of Turkey Bacon
- Mix well.
- Pour in to ready made crust.
- Bake for 25- 35 minutes. Should be slightly brown on top!
Stay tuned for next week's Triple Threat Thursday Challenge!