CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 1, 2010

AMAZING Recipe I Borrowed From My Arbonne Friends

Healthy Living "Legal" Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms


I recently went to an Arbonne health and wellness presentation given by my friends, Alissa Lovett and Ashley Myers. And, these beautiful mushrooms were served at their presentation. I thought they were beautiful because I thought they were little potatoes, not mushrooms. Did I mention that I do NOT like Mushrooms?!

Well, I ventured out and tried those bad boys and I am sure glad I did. They were SO AMAZING! I popped like 5 of those easily!

I LOVE ARBONNE products, but I do NOT sell them, so you will have to ask them for more info if you need it. But, I will share with you the recipe they shared with me. This recipe is one they share with their clients to help them with their weight loss journey. They have a detox line that is a 28 day cleanse that helps get rid of all the toxins we put in our body by ingesting foods that are highly processed and chemically altered. It is a VERY strict cleanse, but I feel that they do a good job of finding balance with how they go about it. Anyways, enough about Arbonne and on to FOOD!!!


The Ingredients:

One package Porta Bella Mushrooms form Sam's Club (or buy two to 3 smaller ones at your normal grocer)
3 - small yellow onions or 3/4 of a big one
2 - Stalks of Celery
3 - Roma Tomatoes
2 - Cloves of minced Garlic
2 - Tbsp of coconut butter(usually located on the baking isle, top shelf with the coconut milk)
Basil to taste
Oregano to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste

The Directions:

Step 1 - Mince the garlic cloves and chop up the onion & celery stalks. Saute' in 2 Tbsp. of coconut oil until transparent.


Step 2 - Dice up the Roma tomatoes and fresh Basil(yum!) BTW, Basil is a great herb that looks pretty and grows well in flower beds. So next spring, toss in a few basil leaves and enjoy their yummy flavor all season long!!!
Step 3 - Cook one cup of brown rice. ***Warning: don't forget about your rice or you will end up with crunchy rice and your husband MIGHT think he just broke a tooth or something:)

Step 4 - Gently wash and pull out the stems from the PortaBella Mushrooms. Lay Dry mushrooms flat side down on a non-stick baking pan.
Step - Mix in Rice, Tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt & pepper
Step 6 - Taste this amazing combination of flavors and try to stop yourself from eating all the stuffing before you can use it!
Step 7 - Spoon in heaping amounts of the mixture into the mushrooms
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until filling is brown.



1 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

My husband claims he hates mushrooms...maybe I'll try this recipe on him!