CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cooking recipes LIVE on News Channel 9 with Christina Eckert and Lauren Nelson

Today I was asked to join the 405 Mom's co-hosts, Christina Eckert and Lauren Nelson, again on the 4 o'clock news to share another healthy recipe. We made Honey Pecan Chicken(which I have shared with you before here) and Sweet Potato Chips. I have to say that I still felt very nervous with all the buildup to the time we were on air, but felt more comfortable this time because I knew what to expect. It was so nice to walk into the studio and have the Christina, Lauren and Kirsten say, "Hey Elizabeth" from across the room. I even got a cute, little smile and wave from the amazing Gary England. It was also nice to be able to set up the food with plenty of time to relax a bit.


The longer that we do these segments I am finding that I know quite a few people who work for Channel 9. Courtney, our videographer, (who by the way does an amazing job with angles to make you look fabulous on camera), made a stop by and shared some of her cookies from the guests who were on before I was.

Gayla Murphy, who is in sales and would love to sell you a segment on air, took me around to different cubicles introducing me to all her friends. It was very fun to be introduced to new people in different departments and to share the cooked food with them in the middle of the hall way afterwards. Another friend of mine helped me to the car with my load of stuff afterwards both times on air.

I have always been a fan of News Channel 9 because of their desire to serve our community with most up to date news. This has been quite and opportunity for me.

If you want to view today's cooking segment click here. Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

OK Chick said...

Wow that's really neat. Awesome side job. I mean, you get to hang out with Gary England. :)

Kayla said...

Looks good! I might have to try those sweet potatoes. I'm a fan of all the sugary goop in them...but I think I will test these out!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You did a really great job!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You did a really great job!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

How much fun! I am going to have to try both of those recipes! I think I would be a nervous wreck trying to teach those in such a short time!!!