CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I am officially 30!

I have to say I am starting to feel like the kid who's birthday wish when they blew out the candles was for more birthday parties...I am about partied out! I say that with sincere appreciation for my friends and family who have spoiled me rotten...literally.

Seriously though, People!~ I have had 1 surprise birthday cake at Inspirations tea room,1 cheesecake in Texas last weekend,
and 3 ice cream cakes this weekend.

And, I still have one bowling party to go on Tuesday night with a bunch of friends and their spouses. It's a good thing you only turn 30 once. And, I am thankful my wonderful hubby bought me a treadmill, because my booty sure needs it right now:)!

Random thought being inserted here: My brother in-law, Caleb, informed me today that he thought that I somehow exploded last week when the whole water bottle thing went down. Glad to know...well, not really...that is kind of really a weird thought.

Anyways, I thought I would blog about 30 things I want to accomplish or try to do better this year. I will inform you that trying pickled quail eggs is not going to make the list.
Just a random stocking gift that Joshua received from Nana & Papaw this year! We left them in my in-laws fridge...can't wait to get that call!

30 Things To Try(or Get better at) While I Am 30
  1. To wear red lip stick. I don't really wear lipstick. I think I own one stick of it...I don't really know why this is on the list other than I don't want to die not trying it out. Just don't bury me in it please!
  2. Learn how to play doubles tennis with Joshua. I want to incorporate more activities for some of our dates instead of stuffing our faces with food and watching a movie.
  3. Take some Ball room dance lessons with Joshua.
  4. Actually read the manual to my camera and learn how to use it to it's fullest potential. Point and shoot is getting kind of boring for me.
  5. Get up early to get in my workouts before the day begins and try to exercise with Joshua. We shall see how this goes, but I want to spend more time with him and be able to actually finish a conversation...oh wait, that would mean I can't work him too hard...haha...just kidding.
  6. Read my Bible more often. I do pretty good and then I get distracted. Then, I get frazzled and then, I remember who I need to rely on more. Silly, I know.
  7. Pray for my enemies. Not that I have any enemies, but more or less, those that frustrate me easily or just plain out drive me batty.
  8. Be less judgmental. I feel like I hoover on this fine line of understanding what is recognizing right from wrong that goes with what God wants and flat out just indifference to my opinions and my expectations.
  9. Spend more time getting on the floor to play with my kid's and ignoring the crumbs and junk that easily drags me away from the precious little time I have with them while they are little.
  10. Spend less time on Facebook.
  11. Catch up on my kid's photo albums. I am WAY behind!
  12. Take my kid's to go visit their Great Grandparents more.
  13. Quit putting extras on our schedule that I don't even want to participate in.
  14. Be quick to listen.
  15. Slow to speak. This one is really hard for me. I feel like I always have an opinion about something and I often speak before I have all my thoughts organized.
  16. Ask for more time to think about a decision to others before I give an answer.
  17. Under-analyze things for a change. Sometimes I overanalyzed things to death and it ends up biting me in the rear.
  18. Create my own workout videos to sell to the public.
  19. Ask Pioneer Woman if I can come to her Ranch and give her a workout plan!!!
  20. Ask Pioneer Woman if I can bring my little red head along with me:)!
  21. Ask my Grandpa to show me how he breaks horses.
  22. Run another Marathon.
  23. Watch classic movies that I have never seen.
  24. Teach Landice how to do a cartwheel.
  25. Encourage my husband more.
  26. Thank my husband for being so wonderful more often.
  27. Iron clothes occasionally.
  28. Stress and Complain less.
  29. Lean out before our 10 year anniversary trip in June.
  30. Find more contentment in the simple things that God gives me daily!
In case you are feeling like I take myself a bit too seriously or I can't relax or maybe wound a little too tight...this picture should cure all worries of such nature! Just know that just by viewing, it could be quite contagious!






5 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, I think you've had your share of celebrating! Blessings to you in this new decade of life, and I have no doubt you will meet your goals!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday. I appreciate you sharing your goals you have set for yourself this year.

The Undomestic Mom said...

love this! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Jamie H said...

Hi, I happen to stumble upon your blog and thought I'd wish you a happy birthday! I think I may need to borrow your list as quite a few of them could be New Years Resolutions for me!
#1 I don't wear lipstick either so just wearing lipstick period would be good.
#4 Already doing it and blogging about it too! Check it out :)
#5 Getting my workout in before 4pm would definitely improve my energy for the rest of the day!
#6-11 TOTALLY agree!...
I could go on and on!!
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know I stopped by and Happy Birthday!!

Heidi said...

What a list! I am still thinking about mine.