I have to say I am starting to feel like the kid who's birthday wish when they blew out the candles was for more birthday parties...I am about partied out! I say that with sincere appreciation for my friends and family who have spoiled me rotten...literally.
Seriously though, People!~ I have had 1 surprise birthday cake at Inspirations tea room,1 cheesecake in Texas last weekend,
and 3 ice cream cakes this weekend.
And, I still have one bowling party to go on Tuesday night with a bunch of friends and their spouses. It's a good thing you only turn 30 once. And, I am thankful my wonderful hubby bought me a treadmill, because my booty sure needs it right now:)!
Random thought being inserted here: My brother in-law, Caleb, informed me today that he thought that I somehow exploded last week when the whole water bottle thing went down. Glad to know...well, not really...that is kind of really a weird thought.
Anyways, I thought I would blog about 30 things I want to accomplish or try to do better this year. I will inform you that trying pickled quail eggs is not going to make the list.
Just a random stocking gift that Joshua received from Nana & Papaw this year! We left them in my in-laws fridge...can't wait to get that call!
30 Things To Try(or Get better at) While I Am 30
- To wear red lip stick. I don't really wear lipstick. I think I own one stick of it...I don't really know why this is on the list other than I don't want to die not trying it out. Just don't bury me in it please!
- Learn how to play doubles tennis with Joshua. I want to incorporate more activities for some of our dates instead of stuffing our faces with food and watching a movie.
- Take some Ball room dance lessons with Joshua.
- Actually read the manual to my camera and learn how to use it to it's fullest potential. Point and shoot is getting kind of boring for me.
- Get up early to get in my workouts before the day begins and try to exercise with Joshua. We shall see how this goes, but I want to spend more time with him and be able to actually finish a conversation...oh wait, that would mean I can't work him too hard...haha...just kidding.
- Read my Bible more often. I do pretty good and then I get distracted. Then, I get frazzled and then, I remember who I need to rely on more. Silly, I know.
- Pray for my enemies. Not that I have any enemies, but more or less, those that frustrate me easily or just plain out drive me batty.
- Be less judgmental. I feel like I hoover on this fine line of understanding what is recognizing right from wrong that goes with what God wants and flat out just indifference to my opinions and my expectations.
- Spend more time getting on the floor to play with my kid's and ignoring the crumbs and junk that easily drags me away from the precious little time I have with them while they are little.
- Spend less time on Facebook.
- Catch up on my kid's photo albums. I am WAY behind!
- Take my kid's to go visit their Great Grandparents more.
- Quit putting extras on our schedule that I don't even want to participate in.
- Be quick to listen.
- Slow to speak. This one is really hard for me. I feel like I always have an opinion about something and I often speak before I have all my thoughts organized.
- Ask for more time to think about a decision to others before I give an answer.
- Under-analyze things for a change. Sometimes I overanalyzed things to death and it ends up biting me in the rear.
- Create my own workout videos to sell to the public.
- Ask Pioneer Woman if I can come to her Ranch and give her a workout plan!!!
- Ask Pioneer Woman if I can bring my little red head along with me:)!
- Ask my Grandpa to show me how he breaks horses.
- Run another Marathon.
- Watch classic movies that I have never seen.
- Teach Landice how to do a cartwheel.
- Encourage my husband more.
- Thank my husband for being so wonderful more often.
- Iron clothes occasionally.
- Stress and Complain less.
- Lean out before our 10 year anniversary trip in June.
- Find more contentment in the simple things that God gives me daily!
In case you are feeling like I take myself a bit too seriously or I can't relax or maybe wound a little too tight...this picture should cure all worries of such nature! Just know that just by viewing, it could be quite contagious!