CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Green Smoothies

My friend, Amanda, who lives in Vienna as a missionary sent me an email yesterday with an awesome blog post link about trying a new yummy smoothie. Actually, she did not say it was "yummy," more like, "Here this is weird...you are the only one I know that will try it, so here you go!" kind of email.

She knows me all too well and I did pick up some Kale today at the grocery store just to try this bad boy. Well, except, Joshua took the last pear to work and so I joyfully made up my own version. Yeah!

Simple things, really, that make me so happy!

Here is the scoop or goop, whichever you prefer:

2 leaves of Kale (tear leafy parts away from spine and chop like crazy!

1 handful of delicious spinach

1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk

1 whole orange (not the rind though...so, not really the whole orange, I suppose)

1 banana

Directions - Blend almond milk, kale & spinach until green and smooth. Throw in fruit and blast that mixture a few more beats and voila! Delicious, yummy, green smoothie!

6 comments:

Kayla said...

I've been wanting to try a smoothie with spinach in it, but I just get too scared! I'm afraid it will taste like the green smoothie I had a starbucks. Does this really taste like fruit or more like grass??

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I'm with Kayla, not too sure about that...

Elizabeth Mullins said...

It is good...just try it!

Heidi said...

I just might have to give it a go when spring comes. Cold drinks in winter is a no for me. :)

Emily said...

I tried this today and it was yum! No complaints from me or Kendall...she like it too!

Lyndsey said...

I used to eat a green smoothies for breakfast every morning! Yum!