CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tooter Rooters and Lazy Bones

Landice: I poopy
Me: Okay, let's go change your diaper.
After checking and while changing her...
Me: You're not poopy. You're a tooter rooter.
Landice: I not a tutu rootu.
Me: Oh, are you a cutie patootie?!
Landice: No, I not a cutie tootie. I just a Lanis.

Corban climbed into bed with me this morning. Very sweetly he asked to have some cereal and I said it was too early and let's sleep a little while longer. Finally, after he opened the blinds, held my hand, and played with my hair he inquired again about me getting up and fixing him breakfast. I finally gave in to his pleas, but only after this conversation:

Corban: Mommy, can you get up now?
Me: Corban I have lazy bones. I think I need to rest a few more minutes.
Corban: Well, maybe if you get up and eat some cereal it will fix your lazy bones.

Well, how about that for getting my lazy rear out of bed...sometimes my kids are just too smart.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Corban always seems to have the right words to metophorically "punch you in the gut" enough to get you going. I am not sure if that is a blessing or a curse at this point in our lives.

kj said...

I'll pass this along...Damon Johnson's parenting Tip #37A: At age 3 you can leave your child a ziplock bag of cereal where they can reach it. A sippy cup of milk can be left ready in the fridge at their level. The TV is put on the cartoon channel the night before, all they have to do it turn the TV on. At age 4, they should be able to hand the younger sibling their ziplock and sippy cup!!! This doesn't always work, but can usually get you another 25-40 minutes of sleep time! ; ) HA HA

Newberry said...

That is too cute! It's fun to hear all of the things that kids come up with. I know what you mean about them motivating you. Mason is an early riser, and if it weren't for him I would definitely be sleeping later!

Newberry said...

That is too cute! It's fun to hear all of the things that kids come up with. I know what you mean about them motivating you. Mason is an early riser, and if it weren't for him I would definitely be sleeping later!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Very, very sweet! You will be glad you have a record of these days!