CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thoughts

Well, Landice on day 2 of the Katie Seat/Tracy McMahan Method of Potty Training. Lisa, kindly passed it along to me. I am hopeful that it will save me from having to pull my drawstring out of someones butt crack...that shouldn't be a problem now because I am definitely NOT pregnant again! She is doing a great job. She had 7 accidents yesterday, only one came by express bulk delivery. Today she has had no accidents. We shall see. I am a little worried that Corban may digress so he can have more fruit snacks though.

Hayden turns one in a couple of weeks. His party will be next weekend...I am so not ready. I really need to be making his invitations right now, but I feel like I have deglected my wonderful 24 followers for long enough. My favorite number...I can die a happy woman now!

We had a wonderful time at Lake LBJ down close to Austin. We went with the Hobbs and Hornbuckles. Let's just say you get pretty close when you travel with us! Joshua, however, hopefully only sprained his MCL while Wake Boarding. He was doing so well until he landed toe first trying to jump a wake. On that topic, I am hooked. I love the lake, I love water sports, I love tubing, I love hanging out with friends and I love spending time with Joshua when I can have an uncluttered conversation. What a blessing to have friends that we are close enough to that they will put up with us and still talk to us when we get home. Even if they did have to witness me wipe out falling face first into one foot deep water while exiting my kayak. I didn't enjoy digging out all the rocks from my swim suit, but I did enjoy kicking Micah's tail one time! BTW, I am NOT competitive at all!

Corban has started telling me he can't nap because his eye lashes are too long. What a hard life! I only wish I couldn't sleep because my eyelashes were too long.

What is the deal with guys razors and shaving cream?! I forgot mine while we were gone and I had to use Joshua's. It was way awesome. I didn't really care to smell musky, but I did like the smooth skin.

Coupons are overrated. I carry them around for weeks and forget to use them. Or I forget them and don't buy what I will be needing soon. I am not such a thrifty Trudy.

I am terrible at decorating. I know what I like, but I am afraid to hang it in the wrong place or just don't know how to display it. I have to look at a magazine picture and copy it exactly. Thankfully, Terra is a shopping guru who finds great deals at Hobby Lobby on the 80% off isle and tells me to spray paint them black. Thanks Terra!

I am reading the 3rd book in the Twilight Series. It is so good. I was not going to read them because I didn't understand all the hoopla about them. Now, I constantly make vampire and werewolf references to Joshua. Oh yeah, I got him reading them too. I am way excited because we never read the same books.

Laundry needs changed out...peace ya'll!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love putting things on walls and displaying stuff. Just let me come over and do it all for you. :)

Gena said...

Love the thoughts as always. Crossing my fingers for Landice on the potty training...

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I'm exhausted after reading your blog! You have way too much energy, girl!

Team Hudkins said...

So glad you got some time away! I am on the second Twilight book and I felt the same way at first.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I think I should have a "Come decorate Elizabeth's house" party!

Lyndsey said...

Hey Elizabeth, I swore I would never read the Twilight book, but of course I decided to check it out and then I had to read them all. If it makes Josh feel any better Chuck just finished reading all of them also. :)