CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random: Scriptures and Colors

I have been trying to get up a little earlier in the morning to do my Bible reading and prayer journal time. A lot of times, the getting up early part doesn't happen so I just work it into my morning while the kid's watch their morning dose of P.B.S. I have found that I like to do a "flip and search" type reading. I will wake up with something on my heart and I try to find a scripture that applies to that topic. This usually helps me to find focus and strength to get through my day especially when it starts to look a little hectic. This type of search has also opened my eyes to new things in the same stories or just new things altogether. What are some scriptures that you have founds some suprising comfort or joy in? This morning I read from Job Chapter 6. Verse 24 says, "Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong." Wow! Do I really want to hear that? Not really. Do I need to hear that? Yes! For one, being quiet is a hard thing for me. And secondly, I don't like to be wrong. Oh boy! Loud and Prideful! Thank you God for your sense of humor and patience.

Subject change entirely - Colors

My post earlier this week about my kids and colors made me think about how I see colors. I have always thought about people and their favorite colors and if they seem to match their personalities. My favorite color is blue. I use to hate pink and would NOT wear it. I have sense become a little more girly and love pink, but blue is still my fav! Okay, boring you so I will carry on and get to the point. Think of a blogger friend and share with me what color you think they resemble or remind you of. You can check out this blog I found today to get a feel about what colors represent.

1 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You are asking me to think wwwwwwwwwaaaaayyyyy too much! But I'll get back to you!