CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Almost two weeks of eating clean...

I have not been perfect by any means, but perfection is not what I am striving for. I am striving for excellence that will help us be a healthier family. After saying that, I have lost 2 lbs. and have not had many sweet cravings. Today, however, has been particularly hard for me. I am so glad that I don't have any hidden treats or else they would be all gone! I find that on my rough days I will reach for reward foods. Foods that I find tasty and comforting. I find that when we get together for holidays or go on vacation, I really bomb on eating healthy. I grew up with brothers and we would often have food eating contests and I NEVER paid attention to what I was eating let alone how much. Being an athlete, I was able to burn off any of those extra calories I ingested without a thought. Those habits are hard to break. I am thankful that I was raised in a home that we grew a garden with a wide variety of veggies. I am also thankful that I truly love healthful foods, which makes it easier for me to make better choices. We now try to teach our kid's how to make healthy choices. We don't label food as "good" or "bad." We don't make them "clean" their plates, but they are expected to at least try what is on their plates. We have wasted a lot of food during this process, but I know if I stay consistent it will eventually pay off. I know that everyone has different ideas of what tastes good to them. I see that in my 3 kids. Corban eats great. Landice is our "hold out for the junk" queen and hates to try anything with green in it. Hayden doesn't see what he is eating, he just inhales. What are some of the struggles that you have in feeding your family? What are some triggers or pitfalls that you have to keep you from reaching your goals?

1 comments:

ParamedicMommy said...

being a new stay at home mom has proved extremely hard for staying on track! I'm here alone all day with a 1 year old, and I have much more time on my hands, and I emotionally eat, and eat when I'm bored! I need to find things to do, and I know when the weather gets warmer I can take him out more! When I worked full time, I was on such a tight schedule, I seemed to do alot better with my eating, actually. I kept my cal intake lower and always brought my own lunch to work. I love being a SAHM but I've got to get rid of this rut I'm in!