CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Facebook for 40 days...

during Lent. I have done some research on Lent and decided that it could be a good way for me to reconnect with God by giving something up. Within this research, I have found that I know absolutely nothing about it. As my children grow and ask me many questions (all day long), I realize that I have a need to dig deeper in HIS word to truly be able to teach them about why we believe what we believe. The words Christ wrote to us need to be written on our hearts so sincerely that our children will know how genuine our faith is. I can't depend on just believing what was told to me...I have to be able to show my children what God's word says and show them through my faith and actions. What a big responsibility! I appreciate my parents even more now as my children grow. Seeing how they sacrificed so much to allow us to play the sports & activities we loved, but not without putting God first. I know that I won't have it all figured out, but I also know that I am not supposed to...I think the ultimate goal is to keep trying to strive for excellence in renewing our minds and always seeking HIM.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

Way to go!

Kelli said...

That sounds like a good plan....one I should follow. Last year I gave up Diet Coke for Lent and I can't tell you how much time I spent in Prayer instead of grabbing a coke! I broke an addiction and grew closer to God. I am happier and healthier. Doesn't get much better then that. I haven't decided what to do this year. I know I am now a day behind.

Unknown said...

Hey I decided to give up Facebook for Lent as well! Check out my blog all about it: http://40daysnofacebook.com/

Heidi said...

I miss you on facebook! Couldn't you do chocolate like normal people? Hahhahaha, way to stick with it.