CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tofu StirFry

Tofu is a favorite of mine. I love the spongey, egg like texture, which is what most people get hung up on. No wait, most people get hung up on the word "Tofu". All I have to say about that is...You are missing out! AND...If you can get over the fact that Tofu is soybean curd then you might like to experiment with it like I did. There are many different types of Tofu. Here is the brand I used for this recipe...

When preparing to use it, you should rinse it under cold water for a few minutes.

Gently swaddle it in a paper towel...

Chop up your favorite veggies of choice!!!

I used some coconut oil/butter to stir fry the veggies in. I love the flavor it gives, but I am not completely sold on using coconut oil too frequently.

1 tsp of soy sauce or Tamari -(Tamari is a gluten free soy sauce)

2 fresh chopped garlic cloves

Cut your Tofu into cubes...

Remember Tofu takes on the flavors that you cook with...beautiful!

Add Tofu to veggies along with some freshly cracked pepper...

1 Tbsp of brown sugar...I was working with limited resources seeing that I cooked this at the end of my shopping week. I would have added some scallions and maybe some basil or some ginger too...

Here is the finished product...Joshua added some Worchestshire sauce (I cannot pronounce this properly, nor can I say rear wheel drive with out sounding like I talking gibberish...say that 5 times fast!) I really liked it for branching out and throwing something together. I would suggest that if you would like to try some really great Tofu you should check out the Ma Po Tofu at PF Changs or the Pad Thai at Pei Wei. Okay, now I am officially hungry. Chow!

4 comments:

Alissa said...

So funny bc I just got back from crest and bought the same kind. I bought mine for hot and sour soup and deemed it ok to buy because I have heard you talk about your tofu stirfry and was wondering how you made it:) what a coincidence.

amy nickerson said...

Yum! Have you ever breaded your tofu? I do a mix with cayenne pepper & cornmeal...cooked in toasted sesame seed oil. It's a Better Homes & Gardens recipe and it's delicious! Here's the link:

Crispy Tofu & Vegetables

Wa Wa Waughs said...

just curious...do your kids eat it?

Elizabeth Mullins said...

AMy, that sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try it soon.

Robin, yes!