CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Horrible Thoughts Thursday

I love Braum's Ice Cream and Dairy Store. I love going into their little grocery section to buy my milk. I love how I can swoop in and swoop out with such ease. Tonight I did not love my trip to Braum's. In fact, I left thinking two things: 1. Ewww...I need to take a bath 2. Should I have said something to the manager . You be the judge as I lay it all out for you...

I walk in and grab one gallon of 2% milk and one gallon of skim milk along with some pineapple almond frozen yogurt. I place it on the conveyor belt as the gentlemen in front of me is being checked out by an older male cashier. Think 60's or 70's. It is my turn to pay for my goods and I get a strange look as the cashier say, "Pretty necklace." I reply, "Thanks!" He continues with, "Pretty Girl too!" I very uncomfortably say, "Um, thanks." He gives me a weird smirk and says, "Feeling a little frisky tonight!" My face drops. He tries to fix what he said by saying, "Just kidding. Nice weather outside." I just want to run out the door but I decide to take advantage of the nice weather and let this extremely uncomfortbale situation disolve by saying, "Yes, IT IS. Did you get to enjoy any of it today?!" He replies with, "Yes, I don't come in til 2. Do you come in here very often?" Again, my face drops. I mumble something like, "No" while thinking "NEVER AGAIN!" AT this point all I can do is wish my darn reciept will hurry up and print and he will put my merchandise in a bag so I can leave. He then asks me if I live close by. Creepy...okay, so I just answered my own question. I should have talked to the manager. Why is it that older men think they can get away with saying inappropriate things? Probably because we will give them the benefit of the doubt?! I don't know.

Not exactly what I look forward to when I actually ditch my usual every day hat and take a shower so I can go to a baby shower...

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

totally talk to the manager...ick. That's all I can say...ick.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I would say something. You could still call in today. He was very inappropriate.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Yes, Say something! That is CREEPY!

Erin said...

My jaw dropped so far when I read this. I can NOT believe he said that to you!! I agree - maybe a phone call so you don't have to see him again. Gross.

Candice said...

If my jaw wasn't being a pain in the rear it would have dropped, too! I would call instead of trying to do it face to face in case ye ole perv is there again...

Amy said...

OMG Elizabeth!! Was this the Braums on I-35?? Something similar (but not to such an extreme) happened to me the last time I dropped in for milk there. Again...super-old guy. That is just creepy!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Yes, Amy it was on I-35. I have tried to call three times today, but noone picks up the line.

Shannon "Coupon Princess" said...

Maybe call their coorporate number? That is really a creepy story.. thanks for sharing.