CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

VBS at MRCC is the BEST! I am so proud of how hard all of the directors & volunteers work to make sure God's message is spread to so many.
Joshua's cousin came to the open house last night and I told him, "This is going to rock your socks off!" He laughed. He watched. His socks definitely fell off!

Lisa and I ran the fitness center for the older kids. It was so much fun. We did some Jabbing Jezebel's, Samson Supermans, and some Jumping Josiah's. We even fled from the D-evil by going through the speedladder. I think the kid's had a good time. Well, most of them. Here are some wonderful words that some kid's felt the need to share with us:

"Do I have to do that?"
"Why do I need to exercise? My Mom threw her back out just by sneezing."
"The devil told me to say the "F" word one time."

I just smile...

I really do love VBS. Yes, I may complain about taking a week off from training myself and client's along with feeling completely exhausted by the end of each day, but I can't help but get chills when I hear over 600 children of God singing his praises. That is powerful.

This year's verse from Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart(God's WAY), Lean not on your own understanding(My WAY), in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight(God's WAY) is a great parenting tool! Along with Ephesians 6:1, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

Last night after VBS we went to Braum's with some college friends and a cousin and Corban's decides to randomly ask VERY LOUDLY "So, Mom, only boys sleep with boys?" This was a VERY delayed question to a conversation we had early that afternoon when Karli spent the afternoon with us. I told him that Karli could not take a nap with him because "boys and girls don't take naps together." I am learning there is a fine line between over and underexplaining certain topics.

Landice: Mom, are we going to BBS Pre School?

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I am proud of myself too. It was hard work loading up 6-7 kids in my car and dropping them off for 2.5 hours!! I promise to be more useful next summer :) Not that you care...but just to put it in blogland... HA

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow! I didn't even know that was a center! Cool idea! I'm still in preschool-land...

Alyssa said...

The fitness center was a hit! And Robin...preschool had a fitness center too! Yea!