CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 3, 2010

WAY BACK...when mullets were STILL NOT cool!

Personally, this little girl had to endure a VERY long and CRUEL awkward stage...

4th Grade - Shirley Temple Curl Mullet

 

5th or 6th grade(either way it doesn't really matter...keep looking and you will see for yourself. It just gets worse) - Big BANG Mullet
 

7th Grade - I just rolled out of bed Mullet
 

8th Grade - Hot Air Balloon Mullet

9th Grade - Afro Puff Mullet
 

10th or 11th Grade - Golden Retriever Mullet
Posted by Picasa



Go ahead...keep laughing...I do! I didn't back then, but I do now. But seriously, I tried everything. You have to remember this during a time before CHi hot irons, De-frizzing serums, High Watt Blow dryers that would blow a breaker, & specialty shampoo and conditioners to prime the hair for styling. With all that said, here is what I tried...

I tried hugging my cabbage patch dolls and pulling my hair up as tight as I could on top of my head...
I tried sitting on the Easter bunny's lap and making a wish...Wait, Easter bunnies don't grant wishes. Man, if only I only knew what I know now...I guess I should have been looking for a magic lamp cause that Bunny sure would have thought I was weird if I tried rubbing on him or uh her?...Check out those stone washed jeans!And lastly, I tried just putting a cap on it. Granted the only one I could find was my youngest brothers toddler hood, which I ripped off of his winter coat. He didn't miss it too much!

Whoa...Thank the Lord and the makers of advanced hair products and haircuts from a real stylist instead of your neighbor who kills their cows in your pasture! Something must have worked because this looks like a normal picture for a 12th grade graduate.

Feel free to vote for your favorite mullet picture! Hope you had a great laugh at my expense! P.S. Don't tell my kid's that I stole the batteries out of their key board to finish post. It's not really my fault my mouse died.

9 comments:

Candice said...

girl, I need to show you my pics k-12. Granted, there were a few good years and I had pin straight hair, but I also was like an "ugly duckling" per se. You are not ugly, so you know what I mean by that. I love my looks now more than I ever did...and now I am glad about it because I had lots of character building teasing and no boyfriends who weren't humongous nerds that I could beat up!

Unknown said...

My vote goes to Golden Retriever mullet!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

7th grade mullet is my vote...oh, my, Elizabeth! This post would be great to show jr high/high school girls who lack confidence and esteem in themselves. The ugly duckling truly has transformed into a beautiful swan!

Alyssa said...

You are a brave woman to post all those pictures! I have some very similar photos. 7th grade - braces AND glasses AND a perm gone bad! Bless us all for making it through the awkward phase!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the pictures, they put a smile on my face and it is nice to know that you are confident enough to put them up here. You need to get some of Luke up here.

Erin said...

I can't decide whether I love Big Bang or Rolled Out of Bed Mullet the best. Regardless, you are beautiful inside and out!

Heidi said...

hahahaha, I'm glad they only make you go through school once. How did all of us nerds make it through?

The McDowells said...

haha. I like the hot air ballonning outfit!

Kayla said...

rolled out of bed mullet! haha these are CRAZY girl!!!! I was busting out laughing and Wes was like what in the world?!