CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 9th Will Definitely Be a Day I Won't EVER Forget!!!

My day started like any other day, spending time in God's word, getting myself and the kid's ready for school and work, with the exception of my schedule being a lot fuller. My day's schedule consisted of drop the youngest two kid's off to a friend for her to take to them to Day School with her so I could go Pal at Corban's school.

I was very excited to get to do this. Thankfully, Corban was just as excited for me to Pal too. He was so cute and kept saying, "Mom, I am going to introduce you!" He also kept reminding me every day leading up to that I was coming.

When I showed up to Pal, they had a pile of things for me to help out with. It made me realize how much effort our teachers put into their jobs. I was happy to help them out and thankful that God gifted them with such a heart for teaching.

Next stop was to have Tea at Inspirations Tea Room with a bunch of my best girlfriends. With our children all being at different stages and ages of life, it is rather difficult to find a time that works for all of us. So, needless to say, I was thrilled and feeling a little ornery. I had a little trick up my sleeve.

As I pull up to the Tea room my phone rings with a number I don't recognize. I answer it and find out that it is a woman who is in charge of the 405moms.com website. She was asking me for a few tips on how to keep the family active during the winter months. She wanted to have a few quotes to put in the Distinctly Oklahoma Magazine for the January issue. How crazy is that?!

So, as I am walking in wearing this:

Yes, that is a tree skirt. And a perfectly matched tea room hat. I walked in to my very own surprise birthday party to celebrate my 30th a little early. Yes, my ornery little joke was all on me. I am pretty sure I am the only woman in history to show up wearing a Christmas Tree skirt to her own surprise party. Oh well...good times!

So, of course, I had to take a picture with these beautiful ladies in the Red Hat Society, who were there to celebrate Polly's birthday as well.
And this wonderful friend planned it all:

And these wonderful friend's took time out of their busy schedules to make me feel so special! I loved every bit of it! And love those gals all so much! I am so blessed. They spoiled me with a photo book and many other special goodies, but cmost important of all the words they wrote in my birthday cards. I will always be able to pull those out and remember what a special day this was!







Next stop was to get a much needed pedicure with this friend:


And, then it was time to get ready for baking on live t.v. with Christina Eckert and Lauren Nelson. As I was driving to News Channel 9's station, they aired a Mom on the Move segment featuring me and my kiddos. I feel so honored to have been chosen. I feel that every mom deserves to have a day to be spotlighted, because our job is a daily challenge. I know that I am personally blessed with many extremely talented and amazing friends that should be spotlighted more than I feel like I deserve to be.

It was fun to share Joshua's Aunt Bobbi's Gingerbread recipe. I love getting to share exercise and nutritional information with anyone who will listen:)!

I went to pick up my kid's from their Gigi. Gigi has watched the kid's every time I have been on air. She has made all of this happen for me. If I didn't have her help, I wouldn't have been able to go in to the station. Thank you Gigi for being so helpful and wonderful!!!

After I picked up the kid's, it was time to come home and fix supper. Chili and salad with some green grapes was soon in our bellies, all except for Mr. Hayden's. He was running a fever, which I am pretty sure were symptoms from his well baby check up shots he received last week.

What a blessed day that I will cherish for the reminder that friendship is so good for the soul! Accomplishments may come and go, but my friends and loved ones are the ones that matter most! Love you all!

5 comments:

Gena said...

Elizabeth, what a great news story. You are amazing! Seriously, you could have a career in speaking in front of a camera. You are composed, articulate, and always look like you just walked out of a salon. (But in reality, you have been sweating and working out half the day). Proud of you.

Amy said...

Awesome! What a blessed day for you!! Happy Birthday!

Kayla said...

So sad I had to miss seeing you walk in with a tree skirt on!! Ha.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That is a day to remember! What a great surprise from your friends and to cap it off, another great TV appearance!

Lisa said...

So glad we were able to pull that off! I love doing special things for special people! So appropriate for the day that you were also featured on T.V. and appeared live as well! You are an amazing woman! So proud to call you my friend! :o)