CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ginger Bread Muffins recipe from Joshua's Aunt Bobbi

Christina Eckert asked me to come on and cook again for the 405moms segment today. She asked if I had any great dessert like recipes that I could share. I did think of one, but wasn't entirely inspired to make it so I decided to recruit help from Joshua's Aunt Bobbi, who is a holistic nutritionist in New York. Bobbi was able to share with me this wonderful recipe! Thanks Aunt Bobbi!


Gingerbread Muffins

½ c. melted butter

1 c. unsulphured molasses

2 eggs, beaten

¾ c. water

1 c. all-purpose flour

1 ¼ c. whole wheat pastry flour

½ t. salt

1 t. baking soda

2 t. baking powder

2 t. ginger powder

1 t. cinnamon

Spray a muffin tin or 9” square pan. Preheat oven to 325F.

Combine wet ingredients in large mixing bowl.

Sift together dry ingredients then add to wet, whisking in by hand until just blended. Don’t overmix.

Spoon into pan and bake muffins 15-20 minutes. If in a square pan bake a little longer until a toothpick comes out clean.

Can replace all Flour with Whole Wheat.


Click here if you want to see today's video of Christina, Lauren and I making this wonderful recipe.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds good!

Alyssa said...

Can't wait to try this. I have a few questions I'm going to email you. Thanks!